Friday, August 20, 2010

Dear Saulat,

Thank you for the comment on my blog. Using wikis is not hard once you get used to it. For me, the best way to learn is through trial and error. Experimenting with a friend or colleague will help you get familiar with things and then you can delete that wiki when you are done.

You can read my project report on the class wiki for the details, but overall using a wiki as a writing space for the class has been a positive experience and has really improved the students' editing skills in particular. I would just say that if more than one writer is updating a page, it must be saved often in order to not lose any work. But really, wikispaces is very elegant in its simplicity!

Unfortunately I can't include you as a member of the class wiki because some students have said some personal things about the stories we have been reading. I need to protect their privacy. However, I'm sure you will feel comfortable with wikis if you set one up yourself and try out a few functions.

Good Luck with wikis!

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment